Sunday, March 6, 2011

Random Facts of Jennie


I like to wake up with the sun in my eyes.



One of the things I miss the most about the East Coast is the smell of the forest after it rains.




One of my primary modes of thinking about other people is thinking what circumstances I would conceivably act like them, to better understand and empathize with the things people do.



I love to calm crying babies. Every time I hear a baby cry, I want to try and soothe it.



I am very inexact, and a by feel person. Good evidence is my cooking where I very rarely measure and just go by feel.





I love the feeling of grass on my feet, also the give of the earth. It is one of the best things about walking barefoot.



I don't like to take medicine. I like to figure out the cause of my ailments and work from there. I feel like medicine stops that process in many cases. (Now there is no way I'd refuse pain medicine after surgery, but that's because I know the cause and there's nothing to do about it.)



I have a deep appreciation of sorrow and melancholy. I am aware of how important they are for true joy.



I love rain. There is something beautiful about experiencing the power of the earth by having little droplets fall and encompass you.



I like to have very clear nasal passages. I have picked my nose since I was a kid, and would never stop, because I cannot stand the feeling of debris in my nose, and seriously, a tissue doesn't cut it.



I love my body. I've heard it's typical for women to have things they wish they could change about their bodies. I wouldn't change mine. I love it. It is beautiful.





I can get along with pretty much anyone, but I am not really that outgoing. I get more outgoing the more comfortable I am somewhere, and where I feel sure of my place there.




I like biking in the winter more than the summer, for two reasons. One, I am super sensitive to heat, and can get heat exhaustion very easily. Two, it makes me feel hardcore to bike in the winter.




About once or twice a year, I will get an upset stomach really bad, and feel awful until I throw up, then I will feel great.



My favorite sport to watch is Aussie Rules Football, even though I've only seen two games. I think it is -the- best spectator sport.




I am more expressive in writing than I am in speaking. I like to write letters to people to tell them what I think is special about them. I just don't tend to think that way when speaking.



My sister once said that I was bathed in balsamic vinegar in the womb. I love this statement though it can't be true because I would not try balsamic vinegar for years because it looked gross. It is probably my favorite flavor.



I like to do cartwheels. I did them a lot as a kid, and then stopped sometime. I rediscovered cartwheels when one night at work I was alone for the closing shift, so I went out into our large open area and wanted to do a cartwheel, and discovered I could still do them.


1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! I actually l learned some things about you I didn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete